Sunday, October 20, 2013

A book to her cover (OctPoWriMo Entry #20)



A book to her cover
                                --a love letter

I can feel you around me,
stretching to fit my unruly pages,
the words which might otherwise escape,
scrape my insides clean, an obscene
white nothing from whence
I would not recover. 
I can feel you in me,
marking the unfinished part of myself
lest I forget where I am and where I am going. 
I can feel you, your tattered edges, the scars
of casual clutter and time
which wears away at us both.  



Poet's Note:  The prompt was to write a love letter from one inanimate object to another.  I think (and hope) mine's self-explanatory.  :-)

13 comments:

  1. I kinda think this could be just exactly the thoughts a book could have towards its cover. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda think this could be just exactly the thoughts a book could have towards its cover. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Anna, And, yes, I got it!

    Especially liked: " I can feel you in me,
    marking the unfinished part of myself
    lest I forget where I am and where I am going."

    Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautifully crafted.." the scars
    of casual clutter and time
    which wears away at us both."

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool. Good symbiotic metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just ate my comment! Grr. ... I loved the many images of this poem Anna... very intimate and relatable, especially considering it's a book and its cover.

    shahscribbles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog is a hungry beast...it's eating me out of house and comments! Lol! Thank you for the lovely comments....I appreciate them very much!

      Delete