Sunday, October 27, 2013

Avoiding the Subject (OctPoWriMo #26)



Avoiding the Subject
                -a poem on family

I prefer to dig at oblique angles,
edging the shape of it with sand-box
abandon, never defining, always
refining, the zen garden
pleasures of mental review.

I keep treasures there, bits of
the past like time-soothed
pieces of glass, cool
against my fingers.

That is enough.




Poet's Note:  The prompt was family.  My brain didn't really want to go there today so...this is what you get.  I think it does capture my general feelings about the subject though.

4 comments:

  1. Certainly does Anna, and very well indeed. X

    http://shahscribbles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avoidance is my game...and I play to win! Lol! Thank you so much for reading/commenting! :-)

      Delete
  2. "never defining, always refining"...I can relate! I loved this poem, vague yet crystal clear :)

    ReplyDelete