Friday, October 18, 2013

Hock a Loogie (OctPoWriMo Entry #18)



Hock a Loogie
                -an exercise in poetics

Today, you are allowed to speak up
in a loud and obnoxious voice;
it is a choice but the answer’s
yes.  You have permission
to digress, to dis-ingest
the minutiae of your life.
The mind is rife with stupid
stuff, I say enough, go ahead
and muff it up, chuff it up
like a loogie, viscous
and vile.  It’s bile
building in the
gut.  Let it
loose.  



Poet's Note:  Today's prompt was...bad poetry.  Is it terrible to admit I sort of like what came out?  Hock a loogie!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE IT! HAHAHA!! That's a brilliant metaphor. Well done, and fuuuuuny! So many great lines - I was going to tell you my favorite but then I couldn't pick and I basically was going to re-write the whole thing in comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely..
    this prompt turns out to be so much fun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect for today's prompt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost lost my lunch...then I found it in my lunch box (bad reply for a good 'bad' poem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I anjoyed this too! :)

    http://wp.me/p2Mm4H-bY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it! Loved the tone and the pace and the images. Lots of cool internal rhyme. One of my favs.:
    "The mind is rife with stupid
    stuff, I say enough, go ahead
    and muff it up, chuff it up"

    Such permission is just what a lot of folks need!
    Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete