Friday, October 11, 2013

Homecoming (OctPoWriMo Entry #11)

Zee-eerm!  Zee-eerm! 
I hear more than see them,
zany zees at highway speeds
in the early hour sleeps
of my neighborhood,
motorcycles
zipping through an
almost non-existent
traffic.  Below me, the
crunch-tha-da, thump-ba-da
of my own tires, a slower shift of
gear beneath the surety of the suv.
I am almost home. 

Ha-ooome!  Ha-ooome! 

The mournful intonations,
meditations of the train herald
my homecoming. 

I am home.



Poet's Note:  The prompt was sound in poetry.  Onomatopoeia.  

6 comments:

  1. I felt like I was riding on this journey with you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the mournful intonations" ...loved this line, kind of swoony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the sound of those tires:
    "Below me, the
    crunch-tha-da, thump-ba-da
    of my own tires,"

    Love this, Anna. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's oddly the sound I most notice on the road...those tires! :-)

      Delete