Thursday, October 10, 2013

Morning Discontent (OctPoWriMo Entry #9)



Morning Discontent

I wake in the dark of the morning,
feeling fragile, finicky, old,
as though in my dreams
I’d ripped out the seams
of all the years that were yet to come.

I search for you with my fingers,
feeling tiny and tragic and bold,
to find merely sheets
and my own sheepish bleats
and a sorrow for that left undone.



Poet's Note:  Posting late once again.  I blame...myself.  I mean...who else is there?  My muse?  Huh.  My muse...okay...it's her fault.  Lol!

The prompt was to write a lyrical or song-style poem, or to write with music in mind.  It seems I say this every day but this one was tough.  I don't generally write song-style poetry...at least not deliberately.  I think that takes a very particular talent...one I'm not sure I possess.

Still, I wrote something and since I read that most lyrical style poetry does rhyme...and because I enjoy rhyming...it rhymes!  Does that count as filling the prompt?  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oo.. I could really relate to that first verse (: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad! You've made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete