Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Three, Six, Nine... (OctPoWriMo Entry #23)



Three, six, nine…

Three, six, nine, and the goose
is fine, roasted to
perfection
in a cherry wine. 
With bubbled toasts
and sweet-lipped boasts,
you slip into my skin
like my own
wayward ghost. 



Poet's Note:  The prompt was numbers.  I do math well enough, but I must say the infusion of numbers into poetry...?  It did not come easy.  I struggled and finally just went for a little something fun.  It's got a couple numbers in it...?

4 comments:

  1. It is fun and loved the rhythm too! :)

    http://wp.me/p2Mm4H-fu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you...it's a take off on a little nonsensical ditty my father liked...3, 6, 9 and the goose drank wine, the monkey...etc and so on. I was trying to echo the rhythm while taking it someplace completely different. :-) glad you liked.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I liked that! You DID it. It felt like a rope-skipping rhyme I heard as a kid. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sorta have that jump-rope sound, doesn't it? Thank you for making that connection...that's awesome! That's exactly the sound I was going for even if I couldn't have articulated the jump rope. :-D

      Delete