Saturday, October 12, 2013

Unspoken - from the dark (OctPoWriMo Entry #12)



Unspoken
           -from the dark.

Take a rib.  Already,
my chest aches and I am
tired of your picking.  Peel
back the skin, the flap
of my breast, push
your hand inside
and take what
pleases you. 
Take a lung! 
I’ve no breath
for arguments, no
patience for mercy. 
Take the heart, that raw
meaty thing that pulses
without my consent.



Poet's Note:  Today's prompt was "shadows" and, more specifically, we were asked to explore the shadows of our own selves, our rage, our lust, greed, etc and so on.  This is what came out. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, did we date the same guy? This sounds like the way my ex made me feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear he's your ex! Definitely not a good head-space this poem...! Thank you for reading...I really appreciate your comments! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ack.,wordpress! Trying again, just in case. Loved the raw imagery in this piece, paired withnthe soft closing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Take a rib! / I've no breath / for arguments" --fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! Obviously I meant the line about the lung...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I do that too when I'm trying to comment on something. Thank you so much for reading and your lovely comments! :-)

      Delete