Friday, November 1, 2013

At Month's End (OctPoWriMo Entry #31)



At Month’s End
                -OctPoWriMo

We stash staccato syllables
into silence, slip whole
sentences beneath
our tongue, savor
the shape of
each unstrung
word and swallow
before it is sung.  Slowly,
we pack our pencils;  the
clatter and clack of the
keyboard is done. 

Tomorrow comes new
and what shall we do now
that November’s begun.  



Poet's Note:  Well, I made it this year.  31 poems.  Some I liked better than others.  Some were harder fought than others.  And...I'm tired.  It's a good tired though.  I enjoyed this poetry-fest very much.  Thank you to everyone who read; thank you to everyone who posted poetry.  Yay for poets!

8 comments:

  1. very nice tribute to the poet/writer
    slowly we pack our pencils liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I LOVED this. Excellent final poem. I love your flow and your style. Hope you continue to post poems every once in while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I intend to post every so often...hopefully I'll keep that particular resolution. Hopefully everyone continues to post...and I get a little quicker and better and getting around to everybody...I still have some catch-up to do. Hope to see more of your stuff as well. :-D

      Delete
  3. Oh, Anna! This is a perfect wrap-up to the month. The whole first part is stunning. I read it three times.
    "
    We stash staccato syllables
    into silence, slip whole
    sentences beneath
    our tongue, savor
    the shape of
    each unstrung
    word and swallow
    before it is sung."

    And, yes, I am feeling a "good" tired, too. It was fun to make my brain work this way for an extended period of time. I really think it's improved my non-poetry writing.

    Thank you so much for your lovely words and your insights.
    xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annis. I'm with you on the general writing improvement. I always think...the more I write, the better I write. If only I were better about making myself do so more often. I've enjoyed this poetry run very much. :-)

      Delete