Wednesday, April 23, 2014

P is for Prayer



Prayer

Palm to palm, we
press our prayers like
pallid pansies in a book
preserved, purpling
pages, the phantom
pleasure of pain
remembered.


Poet's Note:  Okay, so I tried a bit of a form here...but broke the rules...so it wasn't too successful in that sense.  However, if one considers the base form (utterly failed Pleiades) a prompt...I produced something...and something I'm rather fond of.  So...there you have it.  Maverick poet!  Check out the A to Z blog challenge

4 comments:

  1. I like lines about the pansies pressed together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I’m nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award :) You don’t have to accept it if you don’t want to, just so you know I thought of you. http://jazzedaboutstuff.com/2014/04/23/kudos/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite normal compared to the sci-fi flash fic I just posted. The poem is nice in its own semi-disjointed way. I love how the word "pallid" plays perfectly with the tone, even though it's a simple adjective.

    ReplyDelete