Sunday, May 11, 2014

Row80: Confessions of a Lookie-Loo



                Every so often, I am stopped – mid-breath – by the realization of time slipping.  I will be walking to the mail-box or attempting to make a dent in the clutter of my every-day when it will hit me…I should be writing.  And that thought, like a train-wreck, leads to a slow and a stop and that awful lookie-loo stare at where I am in life and in my writing and how much time I have wasted.

                So, Row80.  I’ve never made it through a round.  The thing about lookie-loos?  Eventually they move on, blink and shake their head and put their foot on the gas and the train wreck behind them.  So I guess I’m aiming to stop the car this time, get out, head toward the wreckage and see if I can pull anything out worth saving.

                So, late start, my Row80 goals are as follows:

                                1250 words a week, aiming for 5 writing days out of 7.

                                3 poems a week (poetry does not count toward word total).

                                750 of my 1250 words should be on an in-progress novel.

                                The remaining 500 is free for novels or short stories as pleases.

You can check out some other Row80 participants via the link below.






Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I often get this panic over time passing. The older I get the worse it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to finally post my goals for this round, but am still getting a late start on it. Time sure does get away from us, doesn't it? But for some reason, both the clock in my car and my clock next to my bed keep slowly losing time - both about three minutes behind right now. I think that simple fact is trying to tell me something. I don't know what, but I think it means I am just not supposed to worry about the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beginning ROWer here! I get the "I should be writing" stand still shock thing as well more often than I'd like to admit. That's part of the reason I decided to try out ROW80.

    Good luck with your goals. They look like good ones. =)

    LittleCely's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. After agonizing and doing the "should" thing, I try to pick it up, dust it off, and go on. We all cha-cha through life, so hang in there and keep on working.

    Your goals appear to be realistic, and that's important. Go, girl!
    xoA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in achieving your goals! It's so true that time and life seem to hijack us sometimes. ..

    ReplyDelete