Saturday, October 1, 2016

OctPoWriMo #1 2016: TimeStamp

Timestamp

We try to capture it, this
beast of our design
striped in
pencil mark
tally and smudged
by thumb to grudging
acknowledgment
our own
confusion.

2:30, 10, never…


The names beside mean more.




Poet's Note:  Back again for another go at the challenge.  Poetry has felt a little distant of late so I'm hoping this challenge will bring it closer.  The day's prompt was time.  I feel a little rusty...

If you'd like to check out other poets, please check out this page:  poetsonthepage.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Can't see any "rustiness" here, Anna. A favorite line: "This beast of our design." xoA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the line "this beast of our design", just because you came up with those words together , I think you should continue with your writing of poetry. Keep going. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I could stop if I wanted. Thank you.

      Delete